I always seem to be running around like a headless chicken so I love to find recipes that are quick, easy, and delicious. As a Friday night treat or a take along to a party, you can’t beat a bit of hummus. It’s so delicious when freshly made and people always enjoy this popular dip.
You can make this in ten minutes flat. When I made this batch I was due somewhere at 11am and started prep at 10.15, and made it in plenty of time before I was due to set off.
You Will Need
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 3 crushed garlic cloves.
- 100ml olive oil.
- 2tbs tahini paste.
- Juice of one large lemon.
- 50ml water.
- Sweet Paprika To Garnish
- Bung everything in a food processor. I find using my handheld mini processor is quick and easy – it also minimises washing up!
- Whizz till combined.
- Add water and whizz again until smooth and deliciously dippable.
- Pop it in a bowl and drizzle a little more olive oil on top, then lightly dust with some paprika – this gives your hummus real home made type kerb appeal.
- Traditionally you serve it with toasted turkish bread, but I like to go healthy and chop up some delicious vegetables. Looks pretty and is great to make for people who you know are watching their waistline or if you are on a diet yourself and want to make sure there’s a slimmers option available for you to munch on!